595 Clinton Street.
The Exhibitor, March 20, 1940:
"The new Red Hook low rent rental housing development, just completed by the New York City Housing Authority in the Red Hook section of Brooklyn, was the incentive for the erection of this neighborhood deluxe house.
"The development, which replaces what were formerly junk and lumber yards and dilapidated buildings, will house 2500 families, all of whom are potential theatre patrons."
"The exterior of this modern deluxe house is of various colored face brick laid with horizontal tooled joints and trimmed with cream colored terra cotta. The theatre entrance is at the corner of the building and is accentuated by a curved marquee and upright name sign of stainless steel and porcelain enamel.
A glass block tower illuminated from behind with mercury vapor reflective lights adds further prominence to this corner of the building."
"The standee room is partitioned from the auditorium by the standee rail and Venetian blinds. Illuminated "Silence" signs have been placed over the entrance to each aisle to help insure comfortable hearing for those already seated."
"The auditorium and balcony are quite spacious and allow a total of 1644 seats with ample spacing back to back. Auditorium spacing is 34 inches, with the balcony spacing a minimum of 36 inches. All interior lighting is indirect with many beautiful effects being gained by a blending of colors through the dimmers."